Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Newsletter

Recently I signed up for my church's online newsletter.  This is not a normal Christian church.  It's nondenominational, and one might argue not even entirely Christian.  Anyways, here's the prayer I found in the latest edition of the newsletter:

       Living, loving God, I have listened deeply and You have lovingly shown me what is mine to do.  With a deep knowledge that You will give me everything I need, I am made willing to take the action that is mine to do. I am made willing to die to the old so that I may be born to the new.  I know that when I act in accordance with Your will, my actions are filled with the grace that You provide me.  Thank You, God, for giving me this work to do in order that I may be a greater blessing to the world. And so it is, Amen.     

2 comments:

  1. I guess Im not "religious" however in some ways i think we are all religious in our own ways..I guess organized religions sometimes bother me...but I know Im spiritual...and respect everyone and what they believe no matter what "religion"..Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you're coming from. I generally dislike organized religion and feel that connection with Spirit has to be at a more personal level...thank you for your tolerance, it's getting harder to find that these days :)

    ReplyDelete